Designing a passionate life includes living with an open heart. Since passion arises from your heart, it only makes sense that an open heart will lead you to, and keep you living, a passionate life. By living with an open heart you are able to connect with your passions and stay connected to the energy of your passions and attract people and events into your life that are aligned with your passions.
Signs of a Closed Heart
If you're not sure if your heart is open or not, see if you recognize yourself doing any of the following:
- You don't laugh much during your day
- You have casual friendships without any depth
- Your life feels flat and emotionless
- You notice the bad things in life
- You are afraid to get close to people
- You have a six-foot wall around your heart
- You don't like or love yourself very much
- You don't expect good things to happen in your life
If any of this sounds familiar then chances are you are living with a closed heart. Not to worry, it doesn't have to stay that way. You can choose whether you want to live with a closed or open heart. It isn't always easy to live with an open heart, but it is the only way to experience all that life has to offer.
How to Open Your Heart
There are a number of ways to open your heart and connect to your essence. You may want to try some of the following methodologies:
- Sit quietly, focus on your heart, and notice what comes up for you. Let yourself experience the emotions, this begins the opening of your heart.
- Take a chance, reach out to a casual friend and take the relationship to a more intimate level. Share your thoughts and emotions.
- List the things you absolutely love about yourself. Do this every day for a week and see how you feel.
- Expect good things to happen in your life. Be open to the opportunities that are presented to you. If something bad happens, find the good in it.
- Take walks in nature and notice where you place your feet on the ground with each step, hear the sounds of nature, see the animals, trees, plants, flowers. Really connect to your surroundings.
- Notice when good things do happen to you and give gratitude for them. Savor the moment.
- Every day, ask yourself: How can I open my heart today?
Opening your heart is the beginning to living a passionate life. A closed heart will keep you contracted and not living a passionate life. What would your life be like if you lived with an open heart and started living passionately? Sign up for my free PDD report and find out what you can do about it.