Designing a passionate life requires that you define what success means to you. As I work with people I find that many have ideas about what success looks like based on the culture they live in, family beliefs, or listening to other outside influences. All of these outside influences can cause you to put unnecessary pressure on yourself. What society or other people see as successful may not be how you define it at all. Therefore, in your eyes you may feel like a "failure". It's time to question your ideas about what success means to you.
Start by writing down what you presently think success should look like. Be honest, you aren't going to learn anything if you hedge as you write your list. There are not right or wrong answers, only the beliefs that you have right now. You may gain new insights into yourself and your idea of success. Next you are going to start to reframe your idea of success.
You can approach this process in one of two ways. Pick the one that feels right to you.
You can use the information you just wrote down about success as a basis to start questioning your thoughts. Take each item that you wrote down and write down the opposite and see how that feels. Could that be as true or truer? This will begin the process of opening you up to the possibilities and creating a new idea of success.
The second method is to use the following questions to reframe your idea of success.
Answer the following questions:
- What emotions do you want to experience when you're successful?
- Write down the details of a perfect day when you are successful. Be specific, no detail is too small.
- Who is in your life when you are successful?
- What level of income are you making when you are successful?
- How are you earning an income?
- How does what you do for a living help you to feel successful?
- How does your day flow when you are successful?
- Where do you live?
- How does the space that you live in nurture and feed your energy?
- What do your relationships look like?
- What is your spiritual practice when you are successful?
Using either method you can begin the process of questioning your thoughts about what success looks like to you. You can also begin to reframe it, and gain clarity about what success looks like to you. With that clarity you can design a passionate life and take action towards that life. Start now by signing up for my free PDD report today.